HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide With Solutions For Major Issues
Hp printer troubleshooting problem guide for resolving HP printing problems for Windows and Mac operating systems. By following these instructions, you can get your HP printer back to working condition
HP Printer Troubleshooting Steps
We’ve listed some useful tips to help you Hp printer troubleshooting problems
. Following these steps can help solve problems with your HP printer
Make Sure your HP Printer Is Stable at ‘Set as Default Printer’
It is important that you give your printer the correct command by setting your printer to “default printer”. Therefore, follow these steps in the Hp printer troubleshooting problem Guide to restore your printer to its default status:
- Open the “Run” dialog box in your system’s search bar and enter “Control Panel”.
- When the control panel opens, select Devices and Printers.
- On the next screen, select the HP printer option and right click on it. Select “Set as default printer” and continue.
- If you followed the steps above and you see a green check mark under your printer icon, you have completed the
Hp printer troubleshooting problem guide for HP printers.
Update Faulty And Outdated Drivers With HP Driver Easy Application
If your HP printer does not print color text, or if you have other Hp printer troubleshooting problem, the best solution is to update or reinstall the printer driver. You can easily do this by following the steps below:
- Go to the search option and type “run” to open the dialog box.
- Now enter “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box shown below and click “OK”.
- Next, Windows Device Manager will open on your screen
- Now expand the “Print Queues” category by double-clicking on it (see figure below).
- Right-click the printer name listed under this category and click “Update Driver” in the menu.
- Finally, you will have to wait for the update to download and then follow the on-screen instructions.1 866
Check HP Printer Spooler Error And Try To Troubleshoot It
- First close all programs, e.g. B. Words or other items that you want to print on the printer
- Go to the Start button> type administration and click Services.
- Then scroll down the list to “Print Spooler”. Now click with the right mouse button and select “Stop”.
- Then go to “My Computer” and double click “Local Hard Drive (C :)” and select the “Windows” folder.
- “System32”> “Spool”> “Printer” folder
- Then delete all print jobs in this folder.
- Go back to “Services” and look for “Print Spooler” and right click on it. Now select the “Start” option.
- Now try to print a test page as restarting the spooler may just have cleared your HP printer error.
You are now finished Hp printer troubleshooting problem
your HP print spooler.
Clear The Previous Print Command Traffic
Many times the HP printer setup is unable to take the printing command due to queue of previous print commands. HP printers troubleshooting guide says that you need to clear the previous stuck commands and then re-command the printer afresh. Follow the below steps to cancel the previous queue of print command with the help of HP printer troubleshooting guide.
- From the start button open control panel and click on ‘device and printers’.
- Make a right click on HP printer icon and thereafter select ‘What’s printing’ option.
- Now to cancel the previous print command queue, open the ‘printer’ menu and select ‘cancel all documents’.
- Click ‘yes’ to confirm. Now you can proceed with your printing task.
Check The Basic Connection
- Unplug the printer power cord first, and then unplug the computer power cord.
- Wait a moment, then reconnect your HP printer and turn on the computer
- Now carry out a test print. These basic Hp printer troubleshooting problem steps can easily resolve your HP printer connection problem.
Check For Hardware Issues And Replace The Duplicate Parts Back With The Original Ones
If none of the steps above helped resolve Hp printer troubleshooting problem, try the following steps:
- Make sure your HP printer has enough paper, ink, and toner to work with.
- Check the carriage jam for a problem. If so, click here to resolve the issue.
- In many cases, printer cartridges are out of date. Try replacing it with a new one.
- The difficulty arises from replaced printer parts. Use the original parts to avoid future Hp printer troubleshooting problem.
Hp printer troubleshooting problem steps to follow in case of Windows 10 and Mac computer.
Check the internet connection. Before doing any other Hp printer troubleshooting problem steps, you need to check your internet connection. Make sure you have a permanent connection for an uninterrupted printer to work. You also need to make sure that both ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. To make sure the problem isn’t with the cable, you can also try using a different cable.
Verify that the printer is ready: To verify that the printer is ready, do the following:
Press the power button to turn on the printer.
Make sure the printer is filled with paper and the correct ink and toner cartridges are installed.
Restart the printer and wait for it to be ready to print.
Resetting the HP printing system: Follow the steps to reset the HP printer.
- From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
- Now click on “Printers and Scanners”.
- Now click with the right mouse button on the printer window and then on “Reset printing system”.
- Now select “Quiet” in the confirmation window.
- When you are finished, click OK after entering the administrator name and password.
Restart your HP printer device: Follow these steps to restart your device:
- Turn off the printer and wait 10 seconds. Then, unplug the printer’s power cord from the printer.
- Now turn off the computer device.
- Now turn on the printer
- Next, unplug the power cord from the wireless router and wait patiently for 10 seconds.
- Finally, plug the power cord back into the router.
Troubleshooting Windows 10
- Turn the printer off and then on: Turning the printer on and off is the basic Hp printer troubleshooting problem step. To do this, switch off the printer and pull the plug out of the socket. Wait 30 seconds before reconnecting the printer and turning it on.
- Check the cables for wired and wireless printers: For wired printers, make sure the USB cables are properly connected to the PC. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure the printer’s wireless option is available and enabled.
- Make sure the latest printer driver is active: An outdated printer driver will always prevent the printer from working. Make sure the latest and most suitable printer driver is available. To download the latest printer driver for your system, do the following:
- First, download and install the HP Easy Driver Download application. Then open the application and select the “Scan Now” option. Wait patiently for the software to check for Hp printer troubleshooting problem with the devices.
- Now, to download the best printer driver for your printer, click the Update option next to your HP printer on the drivers screen.
Canceling previous stuck commands: Traffic from previous commands that were not executed is causing the HP printer to malfunction. To fix the same thing, you need to cancel the previous stuck commands like this:
- Go to the start icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Then click on “Control Panel” and select “Devices and Printers”.
- Now click with the right mouse button on your HP printer in the “Printers” area and click on “Print”.
- On the Printer menu, click Open as Administrator.
- Open the “Printer” menu again and select the “Cancel all documents” link.
Hope this HP printer fix helps on Windows 10.
We hope the Hp printer troubleshooting problem guide for HP printers provided in this article works for both Windows 10 and Mac operating systems. If you continue to have problems, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.