A Quick Guide on Connecting HP Laserjet Wireless Printer
That’s how you can connect your HP Laserjet wireless printer with Wi-Fi router
- If the message “Please enter the WPS PIN for your printer report” appears, select “Cancel” as the first step and continue with the following steps.
- Make sure the printer is near the wireless router.
- After turning on the printer, make sure the ink cartridges are installed and the paper is properly loaded in the print compartment.
- Connect the printer to the local network.
For printers with touchscreen control panel:
- For printers without a touchscreen control panel:
- Press and hold the wireless button on the printer for five seconds until the light starts blinking.
- Now hold down the WPS button on the router within two minutes until the connection process begins. Once connected, the printer light will automatically stop blinking.
Have a Look How to Setup Wireless Connection with Laserjet Printer
Connect HP Laserjet wireless printer to Windows.
- First make sure that the printer is switched on and connected to the wireless router as described above.
- Now visit the HP driver download page (www.123.hp.com/setup). Then, when prompted, enter your printer model and make sure the operating system version is correct.
- On the Identify Your Product page, click Printer to begin, enter your printer model number, and click the Submit button.
- Click here on “Change” if you want to change the operating system.
- Now click “Download” under the “Drivers” heading to view the full software package, or the user can select “Basic Driver” for other driver options.
- Search Windows for devices and then select “Devices and Printers” in the Control Panel.
- Click on the “Add a printer” option in the upper right corner.
- Select the model number of your HP Laserjet printer in the display window
- After a few seconds, your HP Laserjet printer will connect to your Windows system
- Congratulations! You can now print, fax, or scan on your printer as you wish.
- Connect the HP Laserjet printer to Windows using USB
- To use a wired connection to connect your HP Laserjet printer, you need a USB cable.
- Connect USB to the HP Laserjet printer on one end and your computer on the other end
- Then go to the HP website and download the printer driver for your model. After the setup is complete, follow the instructions in the next step
- Go to Control Panel> Devices and Printers> Printers and Scanners
- Then click on the “Add a new printer” option. Now you need to select your HP printer from the list of model numbers displayed.
- Finally, set up your HP Laserjet printer with a USB connection to your computer.
Connecting HP Laserjet wireless printer to MAC
- As a first step, connect the printer and your computer to the same Wi-Fi network by following the steps in the first section of this description.
- Now open your browser and enter “hp.com/setup” or “123.hp.com/setup” and proceed to the next step.
- Then download the driver for your printer’s model number and complete the installation process.
- Now go to the “Apple” menu and click on “System Preferences”.
- Click there on the option “Printers and Scanners”.
- Now select the name of the printer you are using from the list of provided printers and click on the plus sign to add your printer. Then select the name of your printer and click the “Next” option to go to the next step.
- Finally, click the Add option to add your printer and then close the window
- Your HP Laserjet printer is now successfully connected to your Mac. You can either print or scan as needed.
Connecting HP Laserjet wireless printer to the smartphone
Here the user must first install the HP Print Service App in order to connect his HP Laserjet wireless printer to the smartphone. So let’s start with the procedural steps
- First, make sure that your Android device is connected to the same network as the printer and that Wi-Fi Direct is enabled on your printer and Android device.
- Now install the driver app for the HP print service on your phone.
- When the installation is complete, select your Android device to activate the plug-in. For Android 7, the HP print service plug-in is automatically activated after installation. However, for Android 6 and earlier devices, tap Settings, find and open HP Print Service, and then tap On.
- If necessary, disable any other print service plugins here and you can print to your HP printer as shown in the next few steps.
- Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon, indicated by three vertical icons, and tap Print to preview the printing.
- Now to view the printer list, tap the down arrow and select the model name of your HP printer to print over the network.
- Finally, tap the down arrow to change printer settings if you want and tap the print icon.
We hope this description is to your advantage as you are looking for the most effective ways to get your HP Laserjet wireless printer connected.