Ways To Resolve HP Printer Carriage Jam Error
HP Printer Carriage Jam Issues & Its Fixes
This article explains the reason behind the HP Cart Jam error and how to fix it. The cartridge jam error can occur for many reasons, such as:
- There is a paper jam in the printer’s rear access door.
- The presence of torn pieces of paper in the platen
- Due to the possibility of a foreign object blocking the cartridge path
- You may need to restart your computer system and printer.
Read the next section for easy, cost-effective troubleshooting for HP printer cartridge jams.
All in One Solution to Fix HP Printer Carriage Jam Error
Look For Any Stuck Paper or Object on The Cartridge Path :
The next step in clearing the Hp printer Carriage Jam Error is to check the printer for stuck paper or foreign objects blocking the HP print cartridge path.
- Turn on the HP printer first.
- Unplug the power cord from the HP printer and unplug it from its power source.
- Make sure that all connected cables are removed.
- Open the printer cover to reveal the Hp printer Carriage Jam Error .
- Make sure the carriage is on the right side of the printer. If not, move the Hp printer Carriage Jam Error to the right manually.
- If the cart does not move, look for objects or particles that are preventing it from moving.
- Next, you need to remove any jammed paper or foreign objects.
- Then manually move the hp printer Carriage Jam error to the left. Repeat the same test, removing all obstacles and placing the cart on its right side again.
- Make sure there are no obstacles and close the printer cover.
- Reconnect the power cord and other used cables. Also connect the printer’s power cord.
- Finally, turn on the printer and wait for it to warm up.
- Perform a test for each print.
If you are still experiencing a trolley jam error, continue to the next step.
Gently Move Cartridge & Clear HP Printer Cartridge Printheads:
To make sure that the printheads are clean and in good condition, rock the cartridge back and forth slowly and gently without moving too much.
- If it is not clean, gently wipe it with a soft, dry cloth.
- Then reconnect the printer to the power supply and run a print test.
- If everything is okay, you can use the next few steps to solve the problem.
- Connect the system directly to the socket:
- Disconnect the printing system from the existing socket strips and plug the power cord directly into a socket.
- Plug the power cord back into the back of the HP printer and turn the printer on.
- Now you may need to fix the HP Cart Jam problem in order to work efficiently.
- Restart the printing system:
- If the printing system displays an “Hp printer Carriage Jam Error ” message, restart the printer and your computer.
- In many cases, if the system is updated and automatically solves the problem, this trick works, and you can work from a clean plan.
- Perform a thorough visual inspection:
After the product restarts, if the HP print cartridge jam persists, try the following steps:
- Turn off the printer to visually check for jammed paper
- Remove the rear access door by lifting the left and right tabs.
- Carefully remove any jammed paper or torn pieces of paper from the rollers, and then replace the rear access door.
- Pull out the paper tray, check that the paper is loaded correctly, and then reload it.
- Now restart the HP printer setup and test a print. Hopefully this bug will be fixed by the Hp printer Carriage Jam Error in the HP printer.
Time to find technical support for HP printers:
If all of these haven’t worked for you, it is imperative to seek professional help to keep your printer working long and flawlessly. HP has a utility software application called the HP Smart App that you can use to identify the tricks of the root cause of the problem. This application is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems and can be downloaded from the HP website.
Hope this article has helped you correctly identify the Hp printer Carriage Jam Error issue and resolve the issue. However, if you still cannot resolve this error, you can reach us by calling our helpline number.