Check the Detailed Information to Install/Setup HP Printers Driver Installation for Windows 10, Without CD, on MAC
In this page, we have made detailed instructions for the printer driver Installation | 123 hp printer setup. The description describes the installation procedures for the printer drivers for the Hewlett Packard (HP) printer. The following sections describe the procedure for HP Printer Driver Installation on the desktop, Windows 10, and Mac, and the procedure for installing the printer driver without using a CD. There is a lot of valuable information here. Stay on the page to make sure you don’t miss a thing! Hewlett Packard, an American printing brand founded in 1984, has made a name for itself in the printing market and has been around for a long time. The high demand is due to competitive prices that differ from personal, shared, virtual and 3D models and meet customer requirements. The description mainly refers to the printer driver. Let’s invest a little time to understand the importance and benefits of these
What is the HP printer driver and why do we require it
The printer driver Installation, also known as a “print processor”, is software that allows the computer to convert the data it is about to print into a format that the printer can easily understand. The real purpose of these printer drivers is to enable applications to print without really knowing the technical details of each printer model. Let’s start installing the HP printer drivers by starting with the installation of the HP printer driver on the desktop.
Downloading and installation procedure of HP printer driver Installation on desktop
How to Install Driver Download for Windows?
- First, go to the HP website, click the Support & Drivers link, and select the Drivers & Software navigation link.
- Now click the “Print and Multifunction” option in the Product Category area and enter your product number in the given field or select the “Printer” option in the navigation menu. Make sure you select your printer name carefully from the list of products.
- Now click on “Download drivers and software” in the navigation menu. Carefully review the available driver options. Select the desired option and click on the Download button.
- Finally click on “Save” and select the “Browse” option to select a storage location for your file. Then click “Save” to download the printer driver.
Install the HP printer driver
- First, find the downloaded driver folder that you saved in the steps above. Double click on this file to start the Printer Driver Installation installation process.
- If asked for permission to start the Printer Driver installation process, click the OK option. Then click “Next” to accept the default installation location and start the installation wizard.
- In this step, select either the recommended or the custom installation. The recommended version of the installation installs all of the components that a user needs. During the custom Printer Driver installation, as the name suggests, the user can choose the options they want. Then click “Install” and “Finish” once the process is complete.
Please Note: There are some drivers that may not be available for download. In that case, you have to contact the HP support to install a CD version.
HP printer driver Installation without the use of installation Disc/CD
What to do if you bought a well-maintained used printer at a good price and did not receive an installation CD or installation CD with a newly purchased printer? You can still install a printer driver for your printer! Below is a quick guide to help you do this.
- To download and install the HP printer driver, download the setup file from the HP official website and connect the printer with a compatible USB cable.
- Make sure that the PC is in perfect condition. Run the setup file to activate the installation wizard.
- If your printer name is recognized in the options, carefully follow the instructions on the screen to complete the download.
- Now it is time to do a test print.
Go through the below steps to manually install the HP print driver.
- As a first step, select the “Add printer” option on your Windows PC.
- Make sure you download the printer application and setup file. Then connect the USB cable to the printer.
- Now extract the software folder under Windows.
- Choose a location and select the “Extract Here” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Printer Driver installation process. Then take a print test.
HP Printer Driver Installation for Windows 10
Let’s see the detailed procedure by which the user can install their printer driver for Windows 10 computer. However, please note the necessary requirements beforehand.
- Make sure the HP printer is turned on.
- Availability of a USB cable less than 3 meters long.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB port on your display.
If you connected the USB cable to your computer prior to installation, remove the printer from the installed device to ensure a successful setup.
- First, disconnect the printer cable from your computer. Do not reconnect the cable until prompted to do so during the Printer Driver Installation process.
- Now look for the option “Devices” in the windows and select “Drivers and Printers” in the control panel.
- Here, right-click the model icon of the printer you want to use and click the “Remove Device” option. If you see multiple printer icons of the same printer on the specified screen, click and remove them all. Then close the Devices and Printers window to go to the next step.
- Now visit the HP official website and follow the on-screen instructions after entering your printer model number.
- Now select the option “HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads” and continue with the next step.
- Now go to the Identify Product page to get started, click the Printer option, and enter your model number. Then click the “Submit” option.
- If you want to change the operating system, click the “Change” option and select your version.
- Now go under the heading “Driver” and click on “Download” to get a complete package. However, to install drivers like HP Printer Assistant, click the Basic Driver option.
- Click the USB option when prompted on the screen and continue with the last step.
- Now run the test print, scan, or fax to see if the printer is working. Now let’s understand the procedure for HP Printer Driver Installation on a Mac. So let’s get started!
HP Printer Driver Installation on Mac
First, make sure that your computer system is turned on and properly connected to your printer via Wi-Fi, a wired network, or a USB cable. Now create a new print queue on the Mac. Follow the given steps to make a print queue.
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of the screen and then select the System Preferences.
- From the Hardware category, choose Print & Scan.
- Now click on the plus sign “+” at the bottom left.
- Now enter the hostname of your printer in the “Address” field. After that, the settings will be added automatically. Then click the “Add” option.
- Here you enter additional options and click “OK”. Finished. Your print queue is available through any print option.
- Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Now click on the options “System and Fax”, “Print and Scan” or “Printer and Scanner”, depending on the operating system version.
- Now check carefully whether your printer name is displayed in the printer list. If the name is listed, remove and read the printer to confirm communication.
- If your printer name isn’t listed, click the plus sign (+), choose Add a printer or scanner, and then choose the name of your printer.
- Select the “Use” or “Print Using” menu and select the name of your printer.
- Click “Add” to add to the printer list. Then click on the “Download and Install” to finish the Printer Driver Installation process when prompted.
- Now click the “Cancel” option when the “Software is currently unavailable” message appears and try installing the driver manually.
- After installing the HP printer driver on your Mac, close the System Preferences window.
- You can now print, scan, and fax from your printer as needed.
- Contact HP Customer Service: If you need additional assistance with your HP printer, various support options are available at www.support.hp.com. These options include writing to the Service Manager, emailing questions and feedback, and finding the nearest HP Authorized Service Center. You can also use the HP Support Assistant service in your HP system for additional support.
- I hope this detailed description of HP printer driver installation procedures on desktop, Mac, Windows 10, and even without using CD is to your best benefit.
- You can find other more informative technical articles on this website.