What to Do if My HP Printer is Not Printing Color
In this article, we’ve listed the main reasons for the “Hp printer not printing color” issue. Additionally, we explained how to fix these issues with troubleshooting steps.
HP printer does not print color problem mainly occurs because of these three main problems:
- The cartridge has run out of color ink.
- The printhead does not work as expected.
- Color printing is not activated.
- Apart from that, you also need to make sure that your ink cartridge is installed properly.
Easy Way to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color Problem
1. HP Printer Printhead Needs to be Replaced or Freshly Installed
The other method of troubleshooting HP printers that do not print colors is through the printhead. This is an important factor in the printing process as ink is technically applied to paper to create presentable text.
Clean the printhead as follows:
- Go to the start button and search for “Control Panel”. Then click on “Drivers and Printers”.
- On the next page, find your printing system icon, right-click it and select Properties.
- In the new window click on the option “Hardware” and then in the window that opens under “Clean Ink”.
Follow the on-screen instructions to clean the printhead, and then run a print test.
2. Enable Printer Color Command to Resolve HP Printer Color Not Printing Issue:
Look for the standard commands your HP printer followed. If this option is disabled, enable the color option to efficiently resolve the “Hp printer not printing color” problem.
Follow these simple steps to complete this task.
- In the “Start” option, select the “Settings” option.
- Click on “Printer” in the settings menu.
- Right-click the icon for your printing system and select “Properties”.
- On the property sheet, click Printing Preferences.
- Then click the Paper / Quality tab and choose Color. Click “OK” and exit the program.
- Now carry out a print test and you will receive a color print of your choice.
- Alternatively, if you are printing in color, the solution to the problem is to ensure that grayscale printing is disabled in the print settings of the HP Envy printer, which Hp printer not printing the color of your printer icon.
3. HP Printer Cartridge Falling Short of Ink Error
Of the many reasons Hp printer not printing color text, the most common reason may be that the cartridge is running out of ink. Therefore, please perform a visual inspection and, if necessary, replace the ink cartridge before drawing any conclusion about the “HP Ink Not Printing” problem.
Proceed as follows to perform a visual inspection and a cartridge change:
- Gently open the printer’s front cover and check the ink level. When the ink runs out, install a new cartridge.
- If you find that the cartridge is full but your ink is Hp printer not printing properly, check the ink expiration date next, as expired ink tends to dry out and form a thicket, making it problematic.
- If the cartridge has expired, install a new one to resume printing and resolve the HP Envy printer hp printer not printing color.